Coincidental you should mention a change of style - yes, the...

1. 9,244 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 810
    Coincidental you should mention a change of style - yes, the days of a good announcement being met with a rise in sp are rare, but do occur, but the professionals are waiting and will dump into the enthusiasm and will buy back lower..

I've mentioned before the plethora of market participants now being retirees, people out of work or supplementing an income, people who see an easy path to riches. All due in part to the advent of indicators and charting and easy research via computers and the internet.

These are all fodder for the professionals who will take half a cent off you and spend half a day planning how to do it. Funnily enough they are the same professionals you trust with your superannuation and investments.

I like bottom fishing in a stock where I "like" the chart giving me a high probability of success- I did it this week with BAT but that would be poison for another trader.

I also am going "backwards " to my very early days where I would only consider entering a trade where the existing trend is favourable.

The one thing I will never change is that only 1/7 of my portfolio is in the d/t'ers as I call them at time - the rest is blue and mid chip (I do trade them as well), the other non-negotiable is a stop loss set at no more than 2% of my total equity - at times in the dt'ers that can give a fairly wide margin before having to bail.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.