DTers Weekend Aftermarket Lounge - 21-23 Sept, page-73

1. 3,305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 216
    Honestly it really will depends on what you are looking for ( I didn't really like pro-realtime last time I looked, I don't remember why though, probably just cause I'm a fussy bugger lol). From what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be any "best" option when comes to anything to do with the ASX, all have different strengths and weaknesses, what is good for Rav may not be good for me, and what is good for me may not be good for you. But If I find something I think is just fantastic I'll be sure to mention it .

For example was playing around with Pro-Trader a little bit today, nice modern interface, and some cool scanning things like pattern & candle scans that I think make it very friendly towards those that don't want to spend hours in front of a screen analyzing things. But those feature don't necessarily appeal to me as much as it may someone else. It did throw up a promising lead in SM1 in a scan for hammer candles for example. Nice clean interface.

SM1.png

On the other hand, you have something like Spark that is a lot less user friendly (I don't think they have updated their interface in 10 years?), much more focused on real-time data, and even pricier, but is probably something that offers more to me (but to others again they may not get much benefit from all the features).

SM11.png

Really think you don't know until you try something yourself, someone could recommend you everything under the sun but we all have our own preferences. But they all at a minimum will do the basic scans I think you are looking for, its what sort of bell and whistles you want with that (if any).

There are also free online options like Investing.com and Tradingview, although you do get what you pay for, they are certainly not bad options.

https://www.investing.com/stock-screener/?sp=country::25|sector::a|industry::a|equityType::a
    Last edited by Bugsam: 23/09/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.