Fellow traders, Having to sit and wait 10 minutes for a buy...

1. 132 Posts.
    Fellow traders,

Having to sit and wait 10 minutes for a buy request on RGI with the ask at 28c be authorised ( by which time it had moved to 30c and I'd missed my opportunity ) , was the last straw for me with the IRESS platform . So many trading opportunities destroyed by this clunky and unreliable interface . Its ok for longer term investing but when your trying to precisely time your entries and exits it just doesn't work anywhere well enough . Having said that, a couple of times it saved me from making the wrong trade, but overall I rather have something that just works as close to real time as possible .

Can anyone confirm if having to wait anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes to have a trade approved ( i.e actually appear in the queue after pushing the sell/buy button ) is normal behaviour for the IRESS platform ? ( BTW its not a network latency issue - its an IRESS processing bottleneck ). If not , can anyone recommend a trading platform that works well for day-trading - i.e is robust and timely - fancy features are of secondary importance .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.