MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

dual purpose munition , page-16

1. 20,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    When I first suggested that metalstorm may used their technology in a BFMG, a lot here asked what would be the point? why go back to a weapon like that, there was one simple reason, a continuity of rounds to the weapon, you got the best of both worlds, electronic firing and stacked rounds in a cartridge that were mounted in a belt, you got mach 5/50 technology as well as a weapon that was belt fed with a large supply of ammunition.

With these cartridges you could even use them in an automatic pistol that was magazine fed, so instead of say 12 rounds in a mag you effectively have 24, or a choice of firing at higher velocity than normal, i.e. fire two rounds in the cartridge very close together, same goes for a rifle (read Steyr CTD2 perhaps)or a hand held machine gun.

Most if not all of what I have mentioned here have patents on them already which belong to metalstorm, perhaps the only one that hasn't got all the patents in place yet is the mach 5/50 60mm cannon, the one which the DSTO have been refining? which I believe Bofors are working on now after looking at that patent, Bofors is owned by BAE, they make large Guns or Cannons, so you can't tell me they would not be interested in metalstorm in a big way?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.