PER 1.23% 8.0¢ percheron therapeutics limited

This whole investigation over the last few days has actually...

1. 8,256 Posts.
    This whole investigation over the last few days has actually been a good process.

I think it is good to get a dose of reality check every now and then in order to self-analyse, or in the case of a stock, do some more due diligence - one can never do enough due diligence.

In the case of ANP, for better or worse, there obviously is a key connection with the ISIS/Antisense technology - in this sense, I guess the umbilical cord won't be cut with ISIS until the market has convinced itself that Antisense technology is proven. However, in the case of a micro-cap like ANP and the promise of the overall Antisense technology in general, the positives of this umbilical cord connection, I guess, outweigh the negatives.

To me, in this situation over the last few days, there were two issues that were impacting on investors:

i/ that some concerns in relation to Kynamro usage and some side-effects, were impacting across the board opinion on ANP and its drug candidates - was this fair? Unsure, so for me, more due diligence is required in terms of investigating the ANP drug candidates as to whether the similar concerns have come up already in mice and early human trials.

ii/ a second competing drug was also, coincidentally, going through the same review - was this fair? No - not to ANP. This was a significant factor in all the negative press that was ultimately pressuring the ISIS SP. This issue should not have been factored into the ANP price drop.

If one is canny, when other Antisense technology like Kynamro is being analysed for approval, as an ANP investor, it is important to carefully look at the landscape (e.g. competing drugs) and any concerns raised and rationally question whether or not they are of consequence to ANP drugs.

For reason ii/ alone (i.e. without factoring in i/ at all), the drop to 1.4 cents was irrational and I'd expect the SP to bounce back to circa 1.7/1.8 cents - note, this is a 30% increase!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $72.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.2¢ 8.0¢ $63.52K 777.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 43377 8.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.2¢ 97561 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.