SLX 7.18% $5.82 silex systems limited

Due Dilligence, page-17

1. 20,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1777
    Just something else to consider when looking at that diagram on page 7 of the link I provided!

It seems to me as if GLE were never really part of the GE family of companies anyway, it looks to me that perhaps that it was always their intention was to spin that out perhaps?
    But in saying that, I reckon they wanted to keep the rest of the stuff in blue for themselves maybe?

They definitely want to keep the reconversion to UO2 facility along with GNF-A and I reckon all the other stuff really because there will be BIG money from those areas, if GE do recycle UNF then they will be paid to do so by the US Government IMHO because it will save the US Government a hell of a lot of money by not needing more Yucca Mountains to store the nuclear waste that would remain after recycling and even that waste will only need storing for about 400 years compared to up to a million years in some cases.

This may have been a stumbling block for some of the contenders who looked at taking a slice of GLE maybe? because some of those companies could quite easily do what GEH were attempting to do in that diagram, maybe they thought to themselves, well we would rather have the Silex system in our own grasp and get to do all of the other lucrative stuff ourselves, even if it were in our own country?

I reckon they would have thought why settle for a small part of a pie designed to make GE money and also a monopoly in that field when they themselves could maybe have the whole pie for themselves?

In other words, I reckon these companies saw that if they had gone down the GE path, it would effectively cannibalise their own industry to a very large extent.

I can see perhaps why they aren't interested, they stand to lose much themselves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.82
Change
0.390(7.18%)
Mkt cap ! $1.378B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.49 $5.90 $5.49 $7.460M 1.297M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 380 $5.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.83 22627 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.80
  Change
0.390 ( 7.31 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.59 $5.90 $5.53 147581
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.