DUKAS Drilling Update - CTP

1. 277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 78
    Hi All

I have been investing in Oil and Gas shares for a number of years. But by no means a O/G expert.

Recently i have been following Central Petroleum - CTP.

SANTOS (to farm in 70% of a CTP Lease) is currently drilling a gas well near alice called DUKAS-1

The lastest update has me slightly confused:

Central Petroleum Limited (ASX:CTP) (“Company” or “Central”) provides the followingupdate in relation to the drilling of the Dukas 1 well.Dukas 1 is currently at a depth of 3,704m (MD) and in the Gillen Formation. Formationpressures have been encountered that are significantly higher than that seen in previous wellstargeting the pre-salt play (Mt Kitty and Magee). This overpressure is associated with an inflowof gas of yet to be determined composition.The Joint Venture is now considering the best options for a forward plan. Such options mayinclude suspending the well and returning to drilling operations at a later date. Whilst this delayis disappointing, the presence of such overpressure in association with gas adds to theevidence from Mt Kitty and Magee that there appears to be a working petroleum system atthis location.The well has not, as yet, intersected the primary target Heavitree Formation, although it isexpected to be within a few hundred metres of the current depth. A further update on theforward plan will be announced as soon as it has been decided by the Joint Venture.

I was wondering if there are any O/G experts out there than can help explain what this means?

It sounds positive. They at least have gas. But why would that be considering suspending the well?

Has anyone come accross this before?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.