The Man has lost none of his ability to be highly offensive....

1. 17,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1109
    The Man has lost none of his ability to be highly offensive. This ranks with his insensitive remarks made following 9/11. I am not sure whether he is dumb or deliberate.

Mundine slammed for Geale slur
    Updated 24 minutes ago

Video: Mundine questions Geale's Aboriginality (7pm TV News TAS)
    Related Story: Mundine out to 'exterminate' GealeMap: TAS
    Tasmania's Aboriginal community is demanding an apology from boxer Anthony Mundine for saying he thought the state's Indigenous people had all been "wiped out".

Mundine's comment came as he rubbished rival Daniel Geale's Indigenous heritage at a press conference to promote the fight between the two men.

Mundine and Geale will meet in January in a rematch of their 2009 bout that was controversially awarded to Mundine on a split decision.

Mundine lit the fuse by questioning the WBA/IBF boxing champion's Indigenous heritage, saying he should not wear the Aboriginal flag on his shorts.

"I thought they wiped all the Aborigines from Tasmania out," Mundine said.

"That's all I know. I don't know, I don't see him representing black people, or coloured people.

"I don't see him in the communities, I don't see him doing the things I do to people, and fighting for the people. But he's his own man.

"He's got a white woman, he's got white kids. I keep it real, all day every day."

When asked whether Geale deserved to sport the Aboriginal flag on his trunks, Mundine responded: "No."

I just hope that Daniel Geale kicks his arse.
    Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre state secretary Trudy Maluga
    Trudy Maluga, the state secretary of the Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre, took umbrage at Mundine's claims.

"There's a lot of non-Aboriginal people that we still have to fight against to get our struggle," Ms Maluga told PM.

"Concentrate on them Mundine, and leave your own people alone.

"I just think that you need a few brain scans and you are being discriminative. Keep your mouth shut. We have been around, we're part of black Australia, and I think that your comment is truly appalling.

"When he [Mundine] came to Tasmania last year he actually trained with 20 Aborigines at the Youngtown gym. So obviously he thought we were existing then.

"I just hope that Daniel Geale kicks his arse."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.