SVL 0.00% 18.0¢ silver mines limited

I couldn't agree more. I don't think asteroid mining will happen...

1. 413 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I couldn't agree more.
    I don't think asteroid mining will happen in my future grandkids time. The USA has only just resumed direct flights to the International Space station, using private enterprise. Do "asteroid miners" understand how difficult such a proposition is? You don't just plonk a Hollywood-style drilling rig on any asteroid and start "mining". LOL. You land a small single-use probe to perform assays perhaps, then the asteroid is flung out again past Jupiter, to return a few hundred years later. Hilarious. Then you'd need some kind of massive mother-ship build in space, not Earth. This ship would somehow manouvre close to the proposed asteroid, assuming anything of any value is found, and somehow land smaller vessels on the surface to extract the ores and transport back to the mother ship. Seriously? Then the all-important question - how do you get the ores back to Earth? Reentry is a real bugger. The craft would need massive heat shielding, and even more massive parachutes to engage once the craft has reentered the atmosphere, having avoided skipping the stratosphere and being propelled back into space. I also enjoy science fiction, but asteroid mining won't be economically or scientifically viable for hundreds of years.

Keep invested in Mother Earth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $271.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.5¢ 17.5¢ $491.4K 2.738M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 617089 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 321963 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
17.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ 822732
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
SVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.