there's a few ways of exploring the concept of where we are...

1. 80,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    there's a few ways of exploring the concept of where we are going that I haven't seen all that much - and, one is from the biological point of view of creatures other than humans

like looking at the story through eg. a dogs experience

like how the movie 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' explored the life of a human and motor racing - it was a fascinating look at life from a different perspective

SCI FI has got some mileage there if they so wish I think.

There also - is another factor - even if we look at something though a dogs eyes - or a horse or some other creature which we share the planet with of such size -

they see the world different to us - but, the scale is similar ----------- but, something like a mosquito would see the world vastly differently - or a bacteria - a very different experience again.

Then, there's the other end of the stick (or towards the other end) - -the earth itself -- it's pretty hard to not think of the world as a living organism if one steps back and looks at it --- it's eerily similar to - well, an animal

it's got things like lungs, vessels to carry fluids which it needs to sustain life, it's got living things which run about the place like a body has - we have electrical systems - so does the earth, we have skin - so does the earth, we move about by forces of nature, so does the earth, we are born and die, so has and will the earth, we self heal along the way - the earth is very good at that, our immune system fires up for attack, so does the earth

it may well only be time before someone begins to wonder ----------- is the planet sentient?

is that possible?? - I don't know

what I do know is that I know bugger all - that much is clear and it's getting clearer as I get older - that I even know less than I thought I did - or at least - that there's a hell of a lot more out there and in here that I didn't ever know and will never know

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.