DUO 0.00% 0.9¢ dourado resources limited

DUO New Weekly Thread, page-453

1. 293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    The presentation is fluff.

Here's my opinion. It's been interesting to read this forum over the last week or so since the acquisition. I did point out just after the acquisition that Zyber (LolBox or whatever is it called) is still *not* a good acquisition and here's why.

Zyber is an unproven product generating little to no revenue competing in an industry against well established products from decent tech companies. Unlike other recent acquisitions - see MOO and POK which are awesome unique tech products - Zyber is a confused product. A confused product in Canada, if they want to try to push this product forward they need a presence in SV. I've worked for startups and they all ended up having some presence in SV and it was a priority. It's wild speculation, but did no VC want to fund this product and they've had to list on the ASX to receive funding? ShareRoot and Buddy both received multiple rounds of funding prior to listing.

So comparing the run of these two (or lack thereof for MOO) is ridiculous. Comparing this to AZK is even more ridiculous. I'd be comparing this to GAL or BNE.

Who is Zyber actually targeting with their product? Consumers or Enterprise? Well, consumers would rather use free DropBox accounts, Apple Cloud, Google Drive or some other well establish, well known and well integrated product. Who cares if someone with a Nigerian botNet attacks your account and steals your nude photos? If they are targeting you, you are either Taylor Swift or have done something very very bad.

Are they targeting enterprise? In enterprise they are going up against MDM products which offer the same or similar technology as Zyber but with lots of added capabilities. Technologies like Airwatch, MobileIron and XenMobile. All are fairly cheap and well established. Government here in Australia tend to use their own private cloud and Microsoft products (so OneDrive for business). No enterprise I've come across have mobile devices *without* some sort of MDM product with the ability to sandbox and remotely wipe devices. DropBox, Google Drive, Apple Cloud and personal OneDrive are, in most cases, blocked in enterprise and if they are not blocked using these services will generally violate corporate policy.

Disclaimer: I also have no holding of POK and a minimal holding of MOO. This is just my point of view, as I said in my first post this could possibly run short term but this product has a long way to go to establish itself and to start generating decent revenue.
    Last edited by BigPlums: 10/09/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DUO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.