aren't you asking an unbalanced question? you expect that Dutton...

1. 45,967 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    aren't you asking an unbalanced question? you expect that Dutton doesn't need to put up costings, yet you expect the Govt to cite the cost of renewable energy, I assume you mean going back 20 years too include Howard's, Rudd/Gillard's and the 9 Lib years costs as well.

why should Dutton be excused from costings when you expect such from the Lab mob?

here's a link that explains the current state of the various "subsidies" - note some are grants, some loans and some rebates. the only website I found that offered something in the order of your point were 2 from the Centre of Independent Studies, which is, I'm sure you're aware, as biased to the right as it gets. therefore unreliable. if it was a leftie site, such as the Australia institute I would have the same opinion. any bias is unacceptable imo.

what you refer to as "a mad rush" is actually going quite slow. mostly due to the Dutton-caused uncertainty. but might also have to do with inadequate subsidisation for investors.

imo the real cause tho is the 9 years when renewable energy was derided by the Libs. it established a rejection of global warming and the need to transition and sewed seeds of doubt as to the sustainability of investments.

but really we as a nation need to get really cracking with the transition. it needs to be made as a high priority as the more GHGs we pump out the worse will be the damage to people and the economy from increasing incidences of weather disasters.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.