You clearly don’t know what you are talking about. In fact it...

1. 2,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    You clearly don’t know what you are talking about. In fact it appears that most here that are rabidly critical of renewables seem to be spouting alternative facts.

Large tracts of land for a wind farm? There is an access road that runs past each turbine. That turbine is situated on a concrete pad…..so no, not large tracts of land. Minimal land is required.

I operate hundreds of wind turbines in 5 states as well as gas transmission pipelines and peaking power plants from Tasmania to QLD. I visit site regularly and am yet to see or hear of any birds dead at the turbine tower bases.

Daily I monitor the power grids of QLD, NSW, VIC and SA. When the sun ain’t shining and the wind aint blowing in one place AEMO instructs me to import from another location. Gas turbine generation at peak times is still required and will be for a couple decades however every year the gas turbine generator sych to grid time is trending lower.

So then, renewables have already won the race and will continue their march onwards year on year. The one thing that will soon be a game changer is the VPP capacity of every EV. Once a critical mass of EV power packs are accessible via the East coast grid household consumers can easily unshackle from power retailers and their powerplants. Consumers will only pay for lease of the local transmission lines. The Uber moment for AGL Et al is close.

It is the consumer decoupling from the outdated although highly profitable power companies/supply chain way of doing things that the LNP and their backers are attempting to mitigate.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.