Dutton damns Albanese

1. 43,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    Abc reported Dutton "condemns" Albanese but I think this is merely spin for a headline.

"Opposition Leader Peter Dutton said it was "completely and utterly repugnant" to compare the actions of Mr Netanyahu with that of Hamas' leadership, and called on Mr Albanese to take a stronger position."

and "In relation to the ICC, it's an abomination, and it needs to be ceased. This action is anti-Semitic and it's against the interests of peace in the Middle East."

meanwhile Albanese said "I don't comment on court processes in Australia, let alone court processes globally, that which Australia is not a party," he responded to questions in Sydney."What we need to concentrate on, when it comes to the Middle East, is what we have been saying from the time that on October 7, the terrorist atrocity committed by Hamas, we oppose that."We have called for the release of hostages, we have called for a humanitarian ceasefire, we have called for increased humanitarian aid for the people of Gaza."We have said that every life matters, whether it be Israeli or Palestinian, and we've called for progress towards a two-state solution."

clearly Dud is merely taking an attacking line for Albanese not believing exactly as Dutton does.

Dud's accusations against Albanese include "I don't know why the prime minister is not showing leadership at the moment, and he's tarnishing and damaging our international relationships with like-minded nations when he is not strong enough to stand up alongside President Biden."

of course forgetting that other nations already have taken against Netanyahu and Albanese's cautious and just position is exactly what the rotw would expect. Dud's siding with Israel/Netanyahu. he's clearly taking a side. this is foolish and bodes very ill for Aus should Dutton ever become PM.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.