She was an extraordinarily poor replacement for Leigh Sales....

1. 2,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 326
    She was an extraordinarily poor replacement for Leigh Sales.

Whenever a politician complains about a particular question being essentially a question asked on behalf of their political opponent it comes across as them putting up the white flag, as it did in this interview. It means that the caller, in this case Peter Dutton, is less concerned about appearing frightened of the question than he is at having to answer it. It presumes that questions can only be asked once by a single source, and that any subsequent askings of that question are simply towing the line of the original asker, which is garbage. It's also a denial of the validity of the question itself, which is garbage. The only reason that Labor doesn't do it is because the ABC is typically left-biased and asks more constructive questions of Labor, as well as the fact that the Prime Minister and Jim Chalmers don't make appearances on Sky After Dark. If they did so as regularly as the executive of the Opposition do on the ABC, I'm sure they would trot it out at times - to their own detriment.

I don't watch 7.30 anymore because of Sarah Ferguson. Her style is extremely rude and disrespectful. I have made written complaints to the ABC about it, and the response has been that they don't give a shit. By the by, I also don't watch Insiders anymore because of David Speers' awful journalistic style with interviewees. The bar has definitely lowered since Barry Cassidy, Leigh Sales and Tony Jones left their posts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.