Dutton plays the game.

1. 41,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

for a few months I've suspected Dutton was jagging Albanese with his consistent nagging for an answer on the matter of detail. I became decided a couple of weeks ago when Albanese had answered all his questions in parliament and then Dutton rolled out the door to tell the Press that Albanese hadn't answered his questions.

the latest is the calm and direct answers to questions - yes from an ABC journo, Murd media would never ask such questions.

Mr Dutton attended his first in-person meeting with the group in Canberra on Thursday alongside Shadow Minister for Indigenous Affairs Julian Leeser.

Sources told the ABC that during the meeting Mr Dutton said he supported constitutional recognition for Indigenous people and a version of an Indigenous Voice, and acknowledged there were systemic and structural problems with closing the gap that must be addressed.

But on Friday Mr Dutton told the media he did not believe the referendum would be successful.

"I think the Voice is not going to get up," he said.

Speaking with the ABC's Afternoon Briefing, Mr Mayo said that was not what Mr Dutton said during the meeting.

"He (Mr Dutton) said that they continue to support constitutional recognition. They said that our Voice is good policy, it's an important thing to do and they supported it when they were in government," Mr Mayo said.

"It's disappointing to have those discussions inside the room and then to hear that afterwards.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-17/thomas-mayor-peter-dutton-voice-to-parliament-working-group/101990724?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web

its not just the blatant hypocrisy, its more the lie he tells to the people of our country.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.