WOW 0.14% $35.68 woolworths group limited

A couple of points siren:Bone and meat residue from bandsaw use...

1. 459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    A couple of points siren:
    Bone and meat residue from bandsaw use with beef cuts such as T bone, osso bucco or lamb/mutton cuts such as loin or forequarter chops does not result in grey or unsafe to eat meat (your description siren). Bandsaws are not used in producing boneless cuts. Grenade well summarised that process, end result and the way butchers remove the residue.
    As to the question of checking meat prior to purchase, as a current beef (and onetime lamb) producer, I mostly purchase our family's meat requirements and do check. Not every available item in store but obviously those I either purchase or intend to purchase. Why wouldn't you? And again, why would you choose and purchase something which you believe is unacceptable? Bizarre.
    I certainly would bring any such undesirable product to the attention of staff and, as much as it's the sellers responsibility to ensure product freshness, I feel doing so is also my responsibility as a discerning consumer. What are your thoughts about that?
    And as mentioned in an earlier post, head to a butcher, deli or fruit and veg shop. There'll be one or more of each in every shopping centre that hosts those terrible supermarkets.
    Last edited by westmount: Today, 05:00

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.