WOW 0.96% $33.63 woolworths group limited

"They’ve brought it on themselves; the proposed break up is only...

1. 16,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8205
    "They’ve brought it on themselves; the proposed break up is only to kick in on any future repeated deliberate bad behaviour of price gouging et all that we’ve copped for many years."

That, from someone who could have established the facts of the matter in less time that it took to bash away in anger on a keyboard

So, to properly inform the debate by invoking the ultimate arbiter, i.e., facts, here are WOW's GP Margins for its Australian Food business spanning the pre- and post-inflationary periods of the past several years:

Screenshot 2024-07-07 102505.png

The group's GP Margin today is lower than it has been for a number of years and is now at the same level at which it was back in 2016 (which happens to be only as far back as I looked).

Wither evidence of "price gouging" in the face of the facts?

All that these ...uh... "inquiries" and sabre rattling on the part of opportunistic politicians do is that they move the market valuation of the company to levels where it otherwise would not be, thereby creating buying opportunities for those who appraise themselves of the facts.

As opposed to ideologically blinkered keyboard bashing sans the relevant information.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.