Duxton Water Limited

1. 1,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    This could be really interesting. A LIC that is investing purely in physical water. In many ways, this is similar to the unlisted Blue Sky Water Fund which has been belting it the last few years due to a combination of the El Nino weather pattern which prevailed since the last system wide rainfall events in 2011 and the team working hard to move water to its highest and best use. Blue Sky have averaged 19.6% pa since inception in Sep 2012 to 30 June 2016. But that fund has only been available for Sophisticated investors unless you wanted to take a watered down version (ha, couldn't resist) via BAF. Here though, you get a pure version. I've met Ed Peters briefly and came away impressed. A smart guy. But the track record of his funds is a bit spotty and much remains to be seen about how serious they would be about operating a LIC. Offer is a bit small too. But definitely worth further exploration (I've only spend about 5 mins on it, will read into it further over the next few days). Offer opens 11 August. They are estimating a yield of around 5%+ pa on the current entitlements. I really like this thematic, but admit water prices are a bit toppy at present. Stay tuned!
    http://www.duxtonwater.com.au/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.