DVP 1.35% $2.25 develop global limited

On Friday, the company's shareholders approved a five-for-one...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 239
    On Friday, the company's shareholders approved a five-for-one share consolidation at its annual general meeting.Beament will embark on a global marketing campaign this week to attract institutional investors.He said Develop's shares being priced in dollars rather than cents would be more attractive to large funds.Beament relaunched the former Venturex Resources as Develop in August and said a lot had been achieved in five months.The company has a board comprising lawyer Michael Blakiston as chairman, Beament as managing director and former Detour Gold boss Mick McMullen and former Northern Star Resources director Shirley In't Veld as non-executive directors.On Wednesday, Commonwealth Bank Perth head of resources and energy Michelle Woolhouse will join the board."I don't want to pump our tyres up too much but we have an ASX 100 board," Beament said.Earlier this month, Develop launched its underground mining services division and made its first appointments.Former Northern Star employees Paul Nilsson and Aaron Armstrong were appointed as manager mining underground and maintenance manager underground, respectively.Despite a tight labour market in Western Australia, Beament is not worried about finding people to work for Develop."People are not a problem for us," he said."People want something new, people want a purpose."Develop has a "major project status update" for its Sulphur Springs copper-zinc project in the Pilbara due in the next two weeks.It comes after the company completed a A$10 million, 68-hole drilling program.While Beament lamented the "horrendous" assay turnaround times of up to 12 weeks, about 25% of the results will be included in the upcoming update."We're really excited about how that looks," he said.The purpose of the drilling program is to allow the conversion of inferred resources to indicated. A resource update is due by mid-2022, which will feed into an updated bankable feasibility study.A definitive feasibility study was completed in October 2018, but copper prices are now roughly 60% higher, while zinc prices are 30% higher.The DFS identified an initial 10-year mine life."From what we're seeing in the drilling results, it looks like it's going to be substantially bigger," Beament said.Develop is aiming to have a bankable project at Sulphur Springs by the end of 2022 and will run several funding streams for the project."It should be straight down the fairway in terms of financing," Beament said.More generally, Develop will look to use debt to grow to minimise shareholder dilution.The company would consider partnering on global projects and taking equity stakes, but only in green metals like copper, zinc, nickel, lithium, rare earths and silver.Develop's board has been involved in 14 major deals worth $50 billion across four continents."M&A is in our DNA," Beament said."I never talk about it publicly, but it's fair to say we'll be active."Beament delivered his presentation sitting down, as he broke his leg playing football several weeks ago."You've got to compete in life and compete in business and I'm not hanging up the boots any time soon," he said."I can't do much except work so you'll get good bang for your buck from my salary."Shares in Develop were down 1.7% to 57c on a pre-consolidation basis, valuing the company at about $400 million.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DVP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.25
Change
0.030(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $549.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.24 $2.28 $2.22 $264.5K 117.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 539 $2.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.26 12498 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.00am 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DVP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.