DVP 2.33% $2.20 develop global limited

We were given a snippet and the Company goals back when he...

1. 764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 719
    We were given a snippet and the Company goals back when he joined

He'll join junior copper-zinc developer Venturex and will also own about a third of the company after putting in $37.3 million of a $58 million recapitalisation.

"It's a big step - going from about 5500 employees down to about 10," Beament told Ophir Asset Management senior portfolio manager Andrew Mitchell on a webcast yesterday.

Beament said he'd had a vision of the sort of company he wanted to build since graduating from the WA School of Mines as a mining engineer in 1996.

"Now I get to create the business model I've always wanted to create," he said.

Beament said he saw where the mining industry was heading on a number of different fronts.

"I think I'm about three or four steps ahead of that," he said.

"I see a business model that's going to be extremely powerful and a lot of fun."

As he did at Northern Star, Beament said building a strong team was paramount.

"They who holds and controls the mining talent, particularly underground mining talent, is absolutely going to dominate," he said.

Venturex owns the shovel-ready Sulphur Springs copper-zinc asset in the Pilbara.

Beament described it as a "cornerstone asset that goes on to create a multibillion dollar company".

He described himself as driven, competitive and an entrepreneur.

"My dad was an entrepreneur and he taught me to back my ability," Beament said.

"He also said to me not to work for anyone else if I can help it, which is hard when you work for a public company."

Read more at https://www.miningnews.net/leader-interviews/news/1408857/beament-planning-to-have-fun-at-venturex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DVP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.