KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

Perhaps, but I think the key there is could winedepot really...

1. 211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 224
    Perhaps, but I think the key there is could winedepot really have caught Kaddy. I really doubt it.

The only metric winedepot were beating kaddy was on the logistics side.

Yes I agree they needed funding, but there are a lot of vc's and private investors who would happily hand over $10m to buy into a SaaS company with a proven model, team, growing rapidly etc..

This meant that fast forward 2 years, Kaddy is the go to b2b platform in AU and had already expanded internationally and they most likely integrated into a few logistics providers (or even acquired their own).

That's why I believe Winedepot had no choice but to pull the trigger. And Kaddy knew this, that's why we paid a 38x multiple AND did it using script at a deflated valuation.

In any case, we have the converted Kaddy asset now, I just hope there's no 'winedepot/dw8 pride' that will get in the way of us moving forward and becoming Kaddy.

For the record, I do believe when the dust settles we will eventually resemble something like Kaddy with logistics, but the messaging at the moment reads as though they are still figuring this out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.