KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

DW8 Growth, page-14180

1. 468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    @Astutebusyguy - reply not working, this is a reply to your post above.

There are tons of posters who are worth reading on Hot Copper - and those two you mentioned are definitely in that group, IMO.

What is important is not believing or relying on anything here on face value. You have no idea what the poster's track record or actual beliefs are.

I get a lot out of the thorough analysis and break down provided by @OllieTwist and @LiddleK3VIN - thank you both for the time and effort you put in, and obviously @steve10 and many, many others across all HC sub-forums. They all know who they are.

But - and I think this is the MOST important part - as holders / belivers, we really have a big role to play in the general tenor of the discussions and atmosphere.

One major red flag when someone is "negative" on a stock is simply the way their view is delivered. If you've taken time out of your day to research a stock and raise negative opinions / perceptions / discussion points on a forum, you'd think you would do it in a friendly, constructive and polite way. We usually get no thought and maximum immaturity - but it gets reactions, so those people continue and clog things up.

However, I have seen forums on here (the BRN forum is a great example...) where the holders think it is an obligation to be 100% positive and dismissive of ANY hint of negativity to the point of being as bad as the trolls.

Not only does this have the effect of reinforcing "group think" and becoming more a supporter group than a rational and critical investor group, it has the additional negative effect of making non holders who may have highly relevant and very legitimate views and criticisms more likely to voice them in ways that start to appear a bit "trolly". They get jaded and respond to anger with anger. Bad cycle. Valid and important viewpoints for and against can and often do get lost as a result.

I recall a not "held poster" recently making a perfectly reasonable and respectful comment on some potential downsides, and they were jumped on by quite a few "holders" - basically told to f-off. It was not a good look.

No one wins if any negative view is treated as the enemy, and it really makes it more difficult to take the high ground and request trolls act better or leave.

So while I agree there is a lot of terrible content on here from some truly banal and sad people, we "holders" have our own role to play in the tone of the forum. A large role.

No business gets it right 100% of them, and all of us will be better informed if discussion of those mis-steps, and "not held" posters or wavering "holders" who want to raise and discuss them, are welcomed.

It isnt the footy, we dont have to support at all costs.

I'm big on calling out the most dim-witted of the trolls, and we on the DW8 forum have far too many of them, but we need to treat everyone - positive or negative - with respect unless and until they show they aren't deserving of it.

Long story short - believe only the POV you have formed yourself, doubt everything you read, and be kind and respectful to posters with contrary views when they express them properly. If you are, you might find a viewpoint you woukd have otherwise missed and be quite thankful for it.

We will all be better of and better informed for it, and our forum will be a better place too.

Last edited by barmy44: 30/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.