KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

Trolls have employed the same techniques and behaviours since...

1. 127 Posts.

Trolls have employed the same techniques and behaviours since trolling was first noted and researched, and that is regardless of the forum. What goes on in HC, and for that matter in this thread, is no different, and anyone who frequents other platforms from time to time will have recognised the same cookie cutter techniques being used by trolls.

There's heaps out there on the internet, and for those interested in a little insight, I think the latter half of this 29 page article is illuminating without being burdensome. I found the examples under section 4 - namely 4.3 Disruption and 4.4 Success - to be particularly relevant, but ultimately the answer to trolls is simply to ignore them.

https://clok.uclan.ac.uk/4980/2/Hardaker,%20C.%202010.%20Trolling%20in%20ACMC.pdf

If you must challenge someone you feel is trolling, then do as Barmy has; ask them to comprehensively (or at least succinctly) substantiate their point of view with readily available facts and reasoned discussion. A real troll just won't/can't.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.