KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

DW8 Growth, page-15251

1. 469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    I'm really interested in the tech side of the current offering and direction.

Putting aside all the "I told you so" victory laps taking place, at one point the investment and idea seemed a winner. Things can change, and DW8 may not ultimately succeed - I know this and accept this.

The direction this forum has taken is disappointing but not surprising. Forums can be pretty poisonous even when things are going well.

But to redirect - initially, this was sold as a "greenfields" tech play - real time inventory monitoring, automated ordering with no lower limits when stock fell, all orders in one etc.

I wonder if this is still being pursued. Because they dropped their own marketplace and assumed Kaddys - cool, good sign when a business can pivot.

I suppose I'm most interested in whether the proprietary tech (if it even still exists) was embedded in the dropped marketplace or if it is an background interface between all aspects (suppliers, buyers, logistics etc) that any forward facing app or site (such as Kaddy) can be essentially plugged into.

Because it feels like we have pivoted to just being a standard online shop where a venue can buy alcohol, and obviously without differentiators the odds become significantly stacked against it - which may explain the stalled growth.

What seemed a really unique conglomeration of a fractured supply chain and time saver for individual businesses seems to have become simply another online store.

Happy for any constructive views or corrections on the above and my understandings / assumptions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.