KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

Many wineries and distributors have left the building as b2b...

1. 64 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Many wineries and distributors have left the building as b2b fulfilment and delivery was hopeless. I am talking about logistics - not listing on Kaddy. If you are a wine bar/retailer, and you order the stock, it needs to arrive next day or day after. 10-14 days is not going to cut it. Not to mention losing pallets with $50K+ value. Go down to Albury and check out the shed for yourself - ignoring bulk storage. I spoke to one of the 'big signings' for DW8 recently, heavily featured in one of your ASW announcements - he was out months ago and had nothing good to report.

The wine industry is small but close-knit, and the delivery disasters are well known. And at Christmas time, suppliers (wineries and distributors) can not afford to let down their customers, or they will go elsewhere. So they will actively avoid using your logistics as their is little hope of stocks arriving on time. The problem with DT was lack of customer focus - just looking at his performance bonuses. Kaddy was a buy as the Winedepot ship started to sink, and that is why they paid so much - they were desperate, and Kaddy took advantage of that. But they had put themselves in the box seat, although it did not turn out so well in the end with the SP disaster.

I seriously feel for you all. Don't underestimate that the logistics side of the business has a huge challenge ahead to regain industry trust which will take months if not years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.