KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

DW8 Growth, page-2738

1. 645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 502
    @steve10 you have gone above and beyond with this post, thank you very much. At some stage, we really must connect outside of HotCopper so that I can thankyou properly (beginning with a bottle of Lark's finest, and perhaps a chance to have a proper elongated chat).

Frankly, you have sparked my interest in learning more about how to best leverage my investments, and how to best enter the property market. I have never owned property, but ideally would like to buy some land and build.

I feel very fortunate to have 5.2m shares in DW8. My goal, like your neighbour, has always been to be able to live off dividends, and I am currently in the growth phase of investing. Given the growth potential of DW8 over the coming years, it really does some like I may need to reconsider when I buy land/property. The inital plan was to take out enough for a deposit sometime in the next 12 months, and then let the rest run for a few years.

However, reflecting on the 'x multiple' potential of investing in this share, versus paying x2 or x3 more for land/property in the same time frame, is interesting. I will do some more reflective writing and thinking on this.

You mention with selling, that selling half of a parcel in June, and half in July, can be a good way to go to spread across the financial years. This has been my plan, but frankly I hadn't considered the ability to extend the period when you pay the CGT via a payment plan. Love what you're doing there with the $15k! I will reflect on these options some more too.
    Last edited by tas_mc_investor: 28/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.