KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

DW8 Growth, page-8135

1. 185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304
    While it is admirable that DT is responding to investor emails quickly answering questions, it should be noted that this comes at the cost of him not being able to focus that time on other, possibly more pressing issues. Dean's always been very appreciative of the investors that early on have supported his vision and continues to maintain close levels with investors as the business grows due to his awareness of the funds people invested and the impact the success of the investment had on investors. But there's a fine line to walk IMO between asking questions to clarify/expand on something that's already out in the public domain, vs. asking questions about clearly price sensitive items that he should not/cannot answer in such a setting (and thus are a waste of his/your time), and vs. asking to address items that may not add much value by itself to one person.

Likewise responding to someone else's HC comment raised in this matter isn't the best use of his time IMO, especially since i don't know how many of these emails Dean receives daily and how much of his time this takes to reply to people. That's just my two cents and I know large investors in the firm are always very selective in how they engage with the firm's mgmt to ensure the limited time a day that DT and his team have isn't squandered on things that don't add to the top and bottom line of the business. Quite frankly I don't give a **** if someone's email is not answered because the team is dealing with prospect conversion to add more users to Market -- that's what their job is, not answering any investor questions outside of an AGM.

Steve reaching out to get questions answered is admirable in the sense he's sharing this information but I am also concerned about the other side of this as HC folks tend to get carried away with worries on the interim when there's no news for them to assess, etc. And let's face it, DT knows from his own engagement with clients and via the sales guys where the feedback (potentially) falls short of his expectations, so one HC comment is not the universe of data points as far as the firm is concerned, though it is good to know. But then again we have no clue how the other users' feedback stacks up vs. TT, similar to us know knowing what the user satisfaction profile across all AMZN users globally looks like (hint). What is posted on HC or Reddit represents but a subset of the questions or concerns investors have and most reputable firms' IR departments don't engage with comments made on HC or Reddit, so expecting the CEO to comment -- even if selectively and indirectly -- on some of these is asking IMO a lot.

Anyone analyzing statements DT made last year re strategy should put these into context of how their applicability develops over time as it is subject to real life influences such as the lockdown which at risk of stating the ****ing obvious has delayed a few things and is impacting the team's ability to get on with it as effectively as if there was no lockdown. Tough ***, such is life, and anyone wanting 100% certainty should instead invest in govvies or Telstra bonds. So far there's been nothing concrete that I am aware of the leads me to believe anything re Bibendum and other strategic items is failing or not moving forward. I've been lucky to engage with DT a couple of times and I for once did not get the impression that he's simply going to dole out funds for something that isn't generating a multiple return in response, so I am less concerned about Bibendum at this stage as these things do take time and we're just 2 months past Market launch. Let's that sink in for a minute and reflect on whether one's expectations of the company and the SP are realistic and whether those two are always have an r square in excess of 0.5 at any point in time.

Last point on other metrics requested to be announced: be careful what you wish for as premature selection of metrics may backfire and increase the SP vol more as traders latch more onto this as the past 12 months have already shown how announcements have been traded in a stupid manner. It's better to wait and have the company determine which metrics are more applicable for wider public consumption than making everything public cause as comments on this thread have shown a little information is often misinterpreted as people superimpose their expectations or fears to fill potential gaps in understanding. Best to determine what makes sense to publicize after they had a couple of quarters of data to determine the contribution the release of that data to communicate the story will make.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.