KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

DW8 Growth, page-8954

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 319
    Good question and thanks for showing interest in our little gem.

To be honest, the answer to this is yes and no. Although the DTC channels are a very important revenue stream for DW8, it’s not the primary focus as order numbers by “household consumers” is always going to be less than the volume of a large bar/restaurant. In saying that, the DTC channels have been crucial when signing up new wineries to the platform. I.e. think of a Mum & dad winery in country Australia who’s doing it tough as they aren’t getting many sales through their standard channels (I.e. subscriptions/sales made through the cellar door due to covid), it’s an easy sell to these wineries by allowing them to have their products listed on Vivino et al (where they make good margins) and WineDepot handles all the back-end. All the winery has to do is click a button, It’s a no brainer.

The DTC channel has also made Dw8 a defensive business and in many ways, a ‘covid winner’ as the DTC division has boosted WD’s case-number-performance (vs B2B) as restaurants/bars in Syd/Melb have been closed.
    Last edited by Tommyhaib: 12/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.