KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

Great text interview (as opposed to purely coverage on market...

1. 645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 502
    Great text interview (as opposed to purely coverage on market releases) today with CEO Dean Taylor via Business News Australia. I won't copy it here as HotCopper formatting sucks, but here is the link:

https://www.businessnewsaustralia.com/articles/as-digital-wine-ventures-sips-success--ceo-can-t-see-growth-slowing-any-time-soon.html

Here are some highlight remarks from Dean, please blame hot copper for the erratic formatting:

• "What we're really witnessing is a massive change from the incumbent solutions which are fragmented, efficient and expensive, to a dedicated solution that provides a quick delivery solution at a much more affordable price."

• "The appeal (of the B2B) for them there is that they normally have to pay that distributor 35 per cent commission on the wholesale price, and then normally something in marketing support as well like 10 or 15 per cent. "We're able to offer them that same ability to get access to that sales channel for just 10 per cent. The appeal there is that a lot more of the margin goes into their own pocket.

• "We've partnered with Vivino, eBay and there are others that we'll announce the not-too-distant future,"

"What that means is it's all incremental sales that they [winemakers] can also get by being part of our platform, which are high margin, and then we fulfill and take care of it all for them.

"It's not a distraction, they don't have to spend money on technical integration, it's just an easy solution for them that allows them to get on with doing what they do best, and that is making great wine."

• "I can't see our growth rate slowing down for some time, that's for sure."

• "Something that I guess I've learnt in my other businesses is having curated ranges to suit certain market segments and customer profiles, leveraging AI and machine learning to try to dynamically curate on the spot for customers. "We definitely are leveraging those tools to try to personalise experience as much as possible; there's a real need for that. "You look at the great businesses like Amazon, Spotify and Netflix - that personalisation has been key to this and it's actually capturing as many data points as possible and using those to provide the best possible shopping or searching experience."

Last edited by tas_mc_investor: 20/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.