KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

DW8 Media Thread, page-46

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    I was reading Steve Jobs' autobiography, something struck with me - and I still believe in it to this day. As a matter of fact, that strategy has worked quite well for me when I choose to invest in a company.

August 1985, the PMRC wanted to slam labels on music which they deemed was inappropriate. Frank Zappa, Dee Snyder, and John Denver amongst the few who came to the senate hearings to discuss how their music wasn't violent.
    After Al Gore and his wife's failed attempts to control the music industry, there was another revolution - P2P Music. It was said to be the destruction of the music industry. Napster came around, and the Govt' shut it down as quickly as they could - because they did not want Record Companies to lose money.

Steve Jobs studied these cases, and realised - "Well what if...we take the music from the companies and offer it to our customers in a convenient format, at a price of 99 Cents? That's cheaper than a can of Coke".

They connected the industry to the new-age digital consumers, in a way that it was acceptable and profitable to do so. Those who failed to adapt, like Tower Records; disappeared from the market.

DW8 is about connecting wineries, like Independent Artists that we might have never heard of or had access to had it not been for DW8. WineDepot isn't just going after the big players, the big players are there to incentivise customers to sign up. The real market is introducing them to new brands. Brands which, on their own, would remain unknown in a very niche market.

Think of it as "Hurt" being performed by Johnny Cash, only to have a generation figure out that he didn't write the song - Nine Inch Nails did, and a generation which went on to become fans of Nine Inch Nails and vice versa.

People will either understand it, or they won't.

We're really only responsible to ourselves and our investment.

If you can understand it, and justify it - stick with it. Whether it be a viral Reddit post or a Tweet from Elon Musk, at the end of the day - it all settles back down.

Onwards and Upwards.

As always, DYOR. GLTAH. JMHO. Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.