COK 0.00% 0.0¢ cockatoo coal limited

dwindling sp, page-13

1. 6,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2505
    Yeah my buy prices were 20c and 26c (loooong time ago now!) so I'm still well up but I appreciate the sentiment, oilburner. I can't see anything drastic happening either. COK is not a company that's likely to surprise the market, those days passed with the Anglo purchases.

Now it's just a slow and steady march towards mining. All their deposits are at various stages but most of them are well-explored so there's not much in the way of surprises coming. The only thing that would set the cat amongst the pigeons is a takeover.

And as Legume said COK didn't go up when the other coalers did, then for a long time it didn't drop when the market slid.

But just think about it - coal prices were similar to what they are now in 2007 when COK peaked over $1, but back then all COK had was Wonbindi and Woori, and neither one anywhere near ready to dig.

Now look at them. They're an order of magnitude bigger company in terms of projects and those projects are much further advanced, and they're 40c.

I'm confident COK's time will come. It just might not be til 2014 unless there's a takeover.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.