LYC 0.91% $6.50 lynas rare earths limited

Dy in 2023: A great time to invest in horseshoes

1. 6,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 998
    Let's get some smarter ideas around here. Crying about a 4% drop is for babies. Claiming that investing in HREEs is dumber than investing in horseshoes in a waning market is the height of ignorance.

The Lynas opportunity is obvious: It's all about the ~90% of their production value that is destined for ANYTHING THAT MOVES and the DyTb-NdPrFeB PERMANENT MAGNETS that are increasingly moving them.

To that end, Lynas's NdPr needs to be backed up by as much DyTb production as they (or anyone else) can muster and master.

Whether Lynas or one of the hopeful clay deposit developers moves to bring DyTb to the ROW market remains to be seen. If no one succeeds, there will be no ex-China magnetmakers that remain to be seen.

"Give us money and we will substitute REEs and ruin the Chinese Orgasm!" I find the current ROW research stance on REEs to be somewhat sickening because I know with the high confidence of physical constants that REE-enable tech will continue to win and the Chinese are the ones doing the research that will move the sticks. The mandated efficiency of motors is a matter of fact and will continue as the GREEN Revolution must demand ever-greater efficiency. So many motors, so many magnets.

In my humble opinion, ROW research is too-often illogically and myopically focused on beating the Chinese by changing the game when there is no other grown-up game in sight. BiMn is not a hope. FeN is not. Tetrataenite is not just not, it's a cosmic joke. All put forth faithfully by ROW pop-press idiots like NPR and Nature who think there's a shortcut and/or enough time for a lengthy research project that has been masticated to death already; little wonder pop-voters and pop-politicians are clueless on industrial policies with pop-educators like them.

And who do we have to thank for that myopia? Luddites like First Captain who think a little 48V tweak providing 30% of the benefit for just 70% of the cost is ALL that is needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.50
Change
-0.060(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $6.075B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.42 $6.51 $6.38 $19.90M 3.076M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1300 $6.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.51 8632 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.51
  Change
-0.060 ( 0.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.42 $6.51 $6.39 904490
Last updated 15.59pm 01/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.