GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

Excuse me for dropping into the middle of this thread, but I...

1. 426 Posts.
    Excuse me for dropping into the middle of this thread, but I tend to do that.

The merck deal, from memory, is really about scale production. Dyesol are not going to be manufacturing dyes when it comes time to supply a full scale production line at Tata.

They might have some other research going on, but the most significant research is going to come from in-house, or a team that closely includes in-house scientists (like the CSIRO deal)

I imagine the path to grid parity for Dyesol/Tata is not to wish for a major efficiency break-through. It will be about applying the latest knowledge they already have with sufficient scale to lower costs.

The original coatings they were looking at using were only in the 4-6% range from memory. Since then they have lab stuff working all the way up to 12%, so it will be a matter of determining the appropriate techniques to apply to get the efficiency up without compromising other factors, then working out how much of the stuff they need to make to get the price to grid parity.

At that point they can work out if they can sell that much of the stuff and go ahead or not.

It's a lofty goal indeed. If they meet it the product will be so much better for it.
    The only real product risk here is if Dyesol are being played by Tata. Perhaps Tata is stringing them along to keep the tech locked up or some other corporate nonsense. I don't believe that to be the case, so I continue to hold.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.