Zeljko9362 I thought that was a reasonable attempt at putting...

1. 6,572 Posts.
    Zeljko9362
    I thought that was a reasonable attempt at putting into words an event that nobody is an expert on.

I believe that we have an immortal soul. Physical birth is a traumatic experience for both mother and child. The very act bonds the mother and child into an indissoluble bond of eternal love.

Death, the act of moving from this womb-world to the next I imagine has parallels to the first birth. It begins long before actual death. Man reaches his physical peak at around 25 but even at 40 there are signs that the best days are behind us. If one is fortunate to live a long life it may include infirmity, hearing loss, sight diminution, slowness of thought etc, etc. So a whole series of little deaths have already taken place before the complete cessation of life, to the point that many look forward to dying.

The actual dying event is a birth into the next kingdom or world, the next of many. The soul is on a journey back to its Source and approaches that Source by gaining degrees of perfection. This is not to say that will we ever have any concept what so ever of what God is or engage with so-called God in any way.

The journey towards perfection is endless and at the same time unattainable.

When the Bible speaks of the living and the dead this is a method of explaining spiritual states. The living are those who are alive in the Christ and the dead are oblivious to the station and teachings of the Christ. This last state is considered more dead than dead. It is the state of utter ignorance. Now, can a soul progress from such a position? I don't know. Perhaps. Success and failure, gain and loss spiritually, depends only on the exertions made by man. The more one strives the greater the progress.

There may be something in your statement that some of the dead do not know they are dead. This life is our only moment of free will. It is for the express purpose of establishing a starting point for the journey of the soul using our free will. This requires one to recognise the existence of God and follow the teachings of His Manifestations Who are the only access to God there is.

A fine post, sir, thank you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.