EXT 0.00% 0.8¢ excite technology services ltd

"Whats the difference between magnatite hosted and alaskite...

1. 12,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 265
    "Whats the difference between magnatite hosted and alaskite hosted!"

Jimbo

The alaskite uranium deposits of Rossing, Husab, Goanikontes, and Valencia, are all found in the Central Zone of the Damaran Oregen. DYL's discovery is below this zone ... their lease is in the Southern zone of the Oregen.

The division of zones in the Damara Oregen is based on a number of geological factors. But basically the geology of DYL's find is very different, and occured at a different time to the alaskite deposits. The slide 8 on the following link has a good map showing the Damaran divisions.
    http://www.quebecexploration.qc.ca/2007/pdf/session_05/S5-05_lentz.pdf

While the uranium might be similar, the the host rock is different. Magnetite is an igneous (volcanic) rock that contains iron oxide & is strongly magnetic. Magnetite often contains small amounts of uranium, in this case being in Namibia which is a uranium Mecca, they have hit some big numbers. Some deposits in Canada are also found in Magnetite. I think Mega Uranium have a magnetite hosted deposit.

Alaskite is also an igneous rock, but generally contains very few dark minerals, and is predominantly quartz & feldspar.

Magnetite is a hard rock with a hardness of 5.5 to 6. Alaskite is slightly harder, with a hardness of around 6 to 6.5. But the good thing about alaskite, it is very brittle and easy to crush. I am not sure about magnetite, and/or how severe it is on the rollers!

Hope that helps

cheers for now

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.8¢ $21.1K 2.637M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 3017762 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 762592 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.35pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.