NTU 3.33% 2.9¢ northern minerals limited

28 months old ltl, you'll find Siemens, Magnaquench & others...

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970
    28 months old ltl, you'll find Siemens, Magnaquench & others have developed a great deal in that period, driven by the necessity of uneconomic pricing. However I thought the summary very neatly captured the points I was trying to make:

"Summary 
    Use of dysprosium is forecast to increase to the extent it is available.  Shortage of Dy will constrain use of permanent magnet devices in several key applications.  The selling price of Dy will remain sensitive to the supply-demand dynamic. 

Owners of potential new sources for Dy face many challenges in proving economic viability before mining and processing begin.  Among these challenges are low ore grade, quantifying rates of recovery, permitting and management of radioactive byproducts. 

While every effort should be expended to find new and better materials and machine designs, this is a lengthy process.  Invention defies mandated timelines.  The process of discovery, scaleup and commercialization can easily consume 5 to 10 years.   

Efforts must also be expended to maximize manufacture processing yield, use of the magnet materials only where the specific magnetic properties are required and only to the extent required, and to recycle materials both from manufacturing and reclaimed commercial product." 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.