I have seen many arguments (some posted here) to say that a huge...

1. 11,875 Posts.
    I have seen many arguments (some posted here) to say that a huge benefit of the NBN is E-health.

As an Internet software developer I can only envisage video conferencing between the patient and the doctor as requiring NBN level speeds.

whilst in theory this sounds like a convenient idea I think the result of many verbal only consultations will be a doubling up of appointments because the doctor will need to measure blood pressure or take a blood sample or stick a tongue depresser down some ones throat.

The convenience of having a doctor a mouse click away (increasing number of appointments) and the resultant doubling up of appointments (measurements required) in my opinion will overwhelm the medical system, not make it more efficient

Sure those in far away places can benefit by increased access to doctors, but personally the net effect sounds like there will be a detrimental outcome on the system, not a beneficial one

Has labor (or anyone else) conducted a pilot program to ascertain these sorts of outcomes?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.