SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

E mail from BeepTool, page-776

1. 196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    I think you really have no idea how internet works. Business or user pay ISP for internet/WAN service. ISP either owns it's own infrastructure like telstra or rent the lines from other ISP. Optus still leasing telstra lines and NBN is renting telstra owned exchange spaces. The to go outside of the rest of the world, these ISPs pay the international wholesale service providers and etc etc.

Once SAS have all 200 pearls in the space, they actually own their own infra. If users/companies are connecting via SAS owned pearls, all transactions and communications will take place within pearls. For a secure B2B model, this should work well and provide better security. If the internet connection is required, then this traffic need to be engineered to be routed to the closest pearl to the destination, then break out and get connected to a satellite receivers on land which is already connected to a local Service provider's internet servicing router. So, in this sense, SAS does not compete with ISPs, it is an alternative to the Trans-pacific line Service provider, and it provides this service though sky and space, so less physical constraints like running your connection under the sea. Hence SAS says this is an disrtruptive service. Also, the targeted market is where there are little to no reliable internet service. In this sense, it is definitely disruptive to current ISP offerings. You think you are not paying to tower service providers, but your monthly bill already have those charges included, just that your ISP does not itemise them the way you want to see. Trust me, nothing is free in this world, even to breath air and drink water, it will cost you. Beeptool customers will pay Beeptool and Beeptool will pay SAS for B2B connection service. How many physical lines do you think Australia have connecting us to the rest of the world?
    Last edited by 56amons: 06/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.