CD3 2.86% $1.36 cd private equity fund iii

It's actually quite complicated:- Each CD Fund invests in a...

1. 105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    It's actually quite complicated:

- Each CD Fund invests in a different mix of sectors (e.g. CD3 and CD4 have a lot more in tech)
    - They are at different stages in lifecycle (CD1 being the oldest and CD4 the youngest). There will be no new investments for CD1 and CD2.
    - They have different U.S. sub-fund managers who may be more or less aggressive in carrying valuations.
    - The carrying valuations themselves compared to invested amounts vary a lot (CD3 and CD4 ratios are higher than CD1 and CD2).
    - They have had different proportions of carrying value based on subsequent transactions (which is more reliable, especially if recent).
    - They have different levels of cash holdings and commitments/needs for cash recycling into current investments
    - CD1 and CD2 are free of GP Fees (~2%) and performance fees. CD3 and CD4 are subject to both.

But the major issue is that E&P are horribly incompetent and self-serving in managing these funds.

As just one example, see my post on CD3 holdings: https://cdprivateequityfundinsights.blogspot.com/2023/03/what-companies-do-cd3-lp-funds-own-as.html

<<
    Previously, I detailed the specific companies owned by CD2 and CD4. Since then, E&P has actually deleted it's website pages that listed portfolio companies! Is that an appropriate action for a Responsible Entity?!
    >>

Their investors have voted overwhelmingly against their proposal to merge the funds, end self-liquidation, and continue operating them as an indefinite evergreen fund. But E&P has no interest in doing what's in the interests of the funds' shareholders.

For example, consider the 8 obvious things E&P could do to narrow the discounts: https://cdprivateequityfundinsights.blogspot.com/2022/10/what-can-be-done-to-reduce-nav-discount.html

Not only hasn't it done any of them, but it appears to be moving in the opposite direction: even less work and concern for shareholders or its professional responsibilities. Hence the deletion of the portfolio company pages mentioned above! That's a deliberate slap in the face if I ever saw one!!

Beyond the discounts/liquidity, there are some major issues like tax that require a genuinely Responsible Entity and Directors actually serving shareholder interests. The CD Funds need to change both and this will be a big step forward even if we have to take a haircut to achieve it.
    Last edited by hobbes29: 06/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CD3 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.