e-super being a smsf, page-2

1. 8,972 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Dont know anything about them but i did have a quick look.

I noticed they do not have their own license, but are an authorised reprepresentative of a financial planning firm Morrison Carr). I have nothing against financial advisers and in fact encourage people to get advice from technically sound advisers however a financial planning firm running a cutrate SMSF service, sounds strange...rings alarm bells for me. Though it might just be a way to attract people and then try and push their financial planning service on them.

I noticed they charge a $499 fee for setting up a TTR pension (they call it a TRAP) or a normal pension so you might want to see if there is anything else they set up a fee for.

Would strongly suggest you check whether they assist with benefit payment statements, rollover statements, ATO contribution reporting...many professional accountants would assist with this as part of their accounting service. And if they don't i'd query why they charge for setting up a pension.

Etc etc...again for me its all a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

Of course, if you know what you are doing in terms of trustee duties etc, then go for it...$600 IS CHEAP no doubt. I don't use an adviser, nor do I use an accountant (i use epay)...but i consider myself pretty afait with tax and super so dont need to. If I didn't know what i did, personally there is no way i'd use something like esuper.

Cdchi1

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.