I don't use them myself as happy with our Accountant (on the...

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    I don't use them myself as happy with our Accountant (on the Gold Coast who uses an SMSF Auditor based around Tweed Heads who charges around $600 - even a friend from Melbourne now uses my Accountant & this Auditor as says it saves him $4000 on what he was paying in Melbourne plus gets to fly up & have a free holiday on $$ saved). We signed up to www.trustdeed.com.au to update our Deed also plus keep ahead of the constantly changing SMSF rules (was $165 for 5 years I think ?) BUT I did put my brother onto ESuperfund about 5 years ago as he didn't want to change to my Accountant as liked his except his wanted to charge min $1500 to handle his SMSF.....

So... I sent him the link & he did roll several funds over into ESuper (which is to do with ANZ bank) but for the first few years
    wasn't happy & moaned to me all the time about only having contact via email (no phone contact supplied) so I was regretting it BUT to be fair this was mainly to do with an issue re value of Shares in an Unlisted company which was continually promising to list but never has & doesn't supply proper Financial Statements which you are supposed to have to comply with SMSF Laws so he was frustrated with emails back & forth asking him to supply details of the Value when he couldn't so they were just doing their job but he also wanted to buy a property in his SMSF & again was frustrated that he couldn't get the answers from them that he wanted with what they would want re tax situations etc but is probably not really ESupers fault there either.?

He says they do answer your emails but sometimes not for a week & he said his tax was done within a 3 -4 months but he is changing from them now as he is someone who needs to be able to ring up & talk to someone - others may be happy with just email contact only & saving money on fees EXCEPT I also pay exactly same fees to Accountant/Auditor that ESuperfund charges him so you can find reasonable fees IF you shop around  though I am sure ESuperfund does work for a lot of people if you have  straightforward SMSF situations & no issues as such.

Best of luck....
    Last edited by katy28: 30/10/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.