Eagles vs Dockers, page-22

1. 1,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    The Eagles demonstrated at home, a couple of weeks ago when Port doushed them in the last quarter that they have no desire to play the footy required of any team intent on playing finals.

The charismatic coaching style of the status quo is okay, but who is in charge of getting the committment back into the players who don't seem to be turning up when they are needed.

The biggest problem is the self indulgent possession grabbing hand passing which achieves nothing but putting team mates under pressure and causing turn-overs, which lets down good players up-field who are presenting for the foot passing which somehow seems lost on the current team game strategy.

But the problem from a spectators viewpoint is more broadly apparent in most teams!

Bullsh-t handpassing doesn't even look good, and it is a product of the congested football tactics which seems to be the stock in trade of modern football. Most of the time the disposal of the footy is very suss, and seems to indicate the whole scenario might have been better resolved with a good delivery of the footy to a friendly. Oooooh! But then - How often in every game do we see turnovers occurring due to a misdirected kick into the forward 50 from the midfield in the 30 - 40m range? How often do we see a pathetic miss of a shot on goal from inside 40m by so called key midfielders or forwards?

The umpires are going to have to take stronger stand! Open the game up, and get rid of all this pretenscious jumper punching rubbish.
    There are enough umpieres now to supervise any infringements behind the play, and the penalties need to be severe to stop the game being tarnished by antics which do not belong in this great game of footy.

Anyway, I have said my bit; I have to say I don't enjoy watching the game like I used to. Probably got too used to the way things are done up in the NTFL.
    Those guys...........aaaaand girls go okay!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.