KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

http://www.copyright link/business/mining/tawana-set-to-be-australias-ne...

1. 602 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    http://www.copyright link/business/...tralias-next-lithium-exporter-20180313-h0xfsi

A few excerpts from the above piece in the AFR, not cross promotion, looking at the commentary about the overall Lithium market, especially looking beyond the over supply fears.

The almost simultaneous arrival of the three projects has prompted many to speculate about a near-term oversupply of spodumene concentrate, putting a premium on those first into the market.

Mr Calderwood concedes he once felt like he was in a race against Pilbara and Altura, but on Wednesday he said the strength of demand for lithium meant he no longer felt the comparison to those companies was as crucial.

"Back six months ago I thought like that, but it doesn't matter now, we could all sell multiples of our product if we were able to," he said.
    "We have all been harassed endlessly by the offtakers, so it is no longer a race to first in and best dressed any more, there is that much inbound demand apparent."

Oversupply fears

Most Australian lithium stocks have lost between 10 per cent and 30 per cent of their value since fears of an oversupply started to ramp up in January.
    Many analysts, including those at UBS, believe there will be an oversupply of lithium between 2019 and 2022 before a long-term shortage emerges.
    Mr Calderwood said he was not worried about oversupply and said the sell-off was a result of lithium stocks being "a little overheated" in January.
    "I really don't think oversupply is much of a risk because some of these guys are big and they will sit on (production) if there are bumps along the way," he said.

"The tide in lithium stocks got fairly high at one stage anyway. Now it is those that can produce and ramp up production that will get the focus I suspect."
    Last edited by LiveEagle7: 15/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.