ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Agree Katok. Ray James is already planning the next well and I'd...

1. 21,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2065
    Agree Katok. Ray James is already planning the next well and I'd bet that it will be a horizontal. Then four more after that. He wants to be around for the end game!!!

Also reckon that he was peed off that they had to ann yesterday and as we saw, he did a helluva lot more explaining than Beach did!

Why were these results released so prematurely?

Hasn't Beach leatned from the Moonta wreck?

Is Beach doing this deliberately?

And it would appear that well's infrastructure was underestimated and was not designed to take the high temperatures that was being released!!

Consequently, they have had to use an extremely small choke, yes, less than the width of your thumb.
    Can you imagine how much gas is getting through when it is competing with sand and chemicals trying to get through the same small hole at 3,600psi??

So, can you imagine how much gas will come through when the hole is bigger and there is NO sand???

THAT is THE number that will count.

But, do analyst's see it that way? Soon know, but, we have at least answered one big question that has been annoying us for far too long.

Maverick. ICON HAS GAS!!!

From yesterday's ann.

As at 6.00pm on Wednesday 13 February 2013 the flow rate was constrained to 2.23MMscfd using a VERY SMALL choke size of 24/64 inches. It was necessary to use this small choke size to reduce the rate of hot fluids so that the well head temperature does not exceed its maximum operating temperature of 120 degrees centigrade.

The well is still flowing back stimulation fluid at a reducing rate of 2,000 barrells per day. Using the well head pressure (approx 3,600psi), choke size (24/64 inch) and well head temperature (120 degrees centigrade) it is expected that the unrestricted gas flow rate will increase as the choke is opened further and stimulation fluid is reduced.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.