APX 4.08% 47.0¢ appen limited

What, my investment strategy? Ans. Usually fairly well. Bots?...

1. 307 Posts.
    What, my investment strategy? Ans. Usually fairly well.

Bots? Over a sustained period of time (and in periods between positive announcements) trading algorithms frequently and throuought each day sell very small parcels of shares, often just 1 (but sometimes 2 to low tens). Not all of these trades lower the price but a meanful proportion of them do, typically by half a cent. This is repeated over a period of time, weeks, months and this keeps a downward pressure of the price. IMO this strategy was used on AJX over the past few months and kept the price in the low 50c space. During this period the insto's very significantly increased their proportion of the issued stock, and many retail investors sold because "their stock was going nowhere".

IMO If an institution wanted to build a large position in APX, buying from retail investors at suppressed prices, we might see lots of small trades. Look at the course of sales from Friday.

What should retail investors do? Depends on their circumstances IMO. If the believe in the company ( and I believe in APX) they hold onto their stock. If they have spare cash, accumulate as well. If circumstances mean they need their money out or they lose faith they sell, and at bargain price.

Lumpy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
-0.020(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $104.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 49.5¢ 47.0¢ $1.169M 2.448M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 119772 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 2110 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.