AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Earth Mountain almost there, page-317

1. 2,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2521
    I tried differentiate between markets and applications which AP is not likely to pursue let alone dominate. Greetings cards being one. The cost factor is the only determinant there, certainly not the performance. Then there are those it will pursue, and that is where it is also likely to dominate.

What you seem to be saying is that because of AP speakers arrival people owning really good analog voice coil speakers will not choose to dump them and buy AP ones. That is of course entirely fair enough. (I've been waiting 10 years to replace my old HTS with AP speakers, and I told myself I would not buy anything else until they showed up. Fortunately my hearing is failing octave by octave, so its not going to matter much in the end!)

But the time will undoubtedly come when even those people will want to upgrade their sound systems, and I would be reasonably confident that the speaker systems that will come with the next generation of audio+X systems will do a whole lot more than our present day HiFi speakers do. They will be tiny, powerful, wireless, and audience aware devices that will send their sound to those who want it in whatever condition those users prefer it. And that will be your whole range of choices. And it will be an extremely affordable choice, not just one for the rich list to enjoy.

My guess is that there will be some, plenty even, who say the sound from AP speakers 'lacks a certain something' that a $100K Nautilus speaker set gives. Maybe they will be right, but they may also have other reasons for wanting to hear the value in that investment so they can stay above the average plebs who are not going to be convinced they can hear anything different, and can point to the measurable specs to prove it.

For the rest, and that will represent >95% of the audio market for voice and music speakers, AP speakers from Generation 2-3-4-5 and beyond will dominate in the same way that voice coil speakers have dominated for 100 years now. Undoubtedly their success and popularity will bring about several accessorised and jazzed up versions along with a few rival MEMS systems that will get around the patents. And this is exactly why we do not see aficionados clinging to their 50" 'bent beam' CRT TV's.

PS: have you noticed how cats and dogs tend to notice the TV more these days? It's because the LEDs switch on or off rather than have an image made up from flickering rastered electron beams on a CRT. The can see the picture properly now! We were the only ones that were being fooled!

Below is a good example of how technology improvements and revolutionary innovations are actually an unstoppable force. All it takes is time. Sure the makers of hard disks made fantastic and amazingly innovative technology. The SSD changed all of that and the value proposition of data storage changed as a result. Who's calling for us to go back there?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5352/5352706-1a4b8ff9a7f56fddc899c747d4b747e7.jpg

Last edited by BobF: 15/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.