AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Thanks @uncle joe for your well expressed and clear statements...

1. 2,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2506
    Thanks @uncle joe for your well expressed and clear statements from Danny Lewin CEO here. I completely agree. Unfortunately I appear not to be able to reply to your post.

It is one thing to acknowledge that EM is promoting 'their' product at an audio industry convention in 'their' country as if it was 'their' innovation. This is probably not unreasonable after you get over the tacit affront to AP's reputation. After all, as far as the Chinese market is concerned, they will be seeing it in Chinese made products sold in Chinese shops to Chinese consumers. Would it help their sales if they knew it was a 'foreign' designed product? Maybe not so much. There is nationalism alive and well in China as much as anywhere else.

It is another thing entirely to conclude that EM has 'stolen' the product from AP, and that AP will not get their appropriate revenues, and their ability to take that same product, made in the same factory or factories, and sell them into other global markets to other audio manufacturers with other customer bases. It is likely that AP will not be emphasising that the chips are 'made in China' as part of their marketing promotion. In this they will be acting in exactly the same way as most other manufacturers of everything from underpants to iPhones do.

I cannot imagine that Danny Lewis's words that you quote do not mean exactly what they appear to say and mean. AP and EM are working together for their mutual benefit in a good and fair business relationship, and that AP holds the reins when it comes to control of the IP and control of the functionality of the chip. To suggest otherwise is to literally call Danny either a liar or an idiot.

Those who suddenly appear on HC to spread FUD may need to be themselves evaluated as to their purpose and sincerity before what they are saying is believed and accepted at face value. Just because its possible to make paranoid statements does not mean there really is a conspiracy. We'll see what we see, when there is something to see.
    We've known since EM's involvement was first announced that this electronics show was scheduled for a few months back but was delayed (twice?) until now because of COVID. There was nothing new here except that the manufacturing itself was delayed again. No we do not know why, but that does not mean we have to jump to the worst possible reasons to explain it. But it might even have allowed them to get to a better state of readiness. But do you imagine for instance that AP was not aware of this show being held, and that EM were going to present the stuff they did, in the exact way they did it? I cannot imagine that being the case.
    Last edited by BobF: 20/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.