AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Earth Mountain almost there, page-55

1. 2,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2550
    Again this is all speculation on my part, not inside knowledge, and not advice, but I think it is entirely logical given what they have already revealed of how the team at AP works and how they have progressed to date.

I would certainly not only expect that to be so, I believe it would be absolutely required to be so. The MEMS works by simple repetitive movements from one position to another: up down, up down ad nauseam forever. This simple movement defines the performance of the device as a whole. If you can get all pixels doing the right thing at the right time that is the job done for ever. The problems with 'noise' sound like they are a type of resonance at a few set frequencies based on the particular fabrication shortcoming that was encountered, and redesigned to fix it. They have presumably investigated that 'noise' exhaustively and both characterised it thoroughly and found several solutions to it, but chosen the most reliable and controllable ones with the best applicability. The command to the pixel gets executed precisely and reproducibly based on the 'software tuned' voltage applied to it, because this fits the physical characteristics of that particular pixel, and that does not change ever again. (I imagine that if it did there would be facility in the software to recalibrate it dynamically whenever the system is turned on. I think I heard some comment to that effect many years ago. That would also allow for percentage of pixels to break or fail and be turned off.) The flexures are just that: flexible springs made of silicon metalloid. I do not expect them to be wear prone. These flexures have already been shown to be reliable I believe, so that is the only bit that is likely to give problems unless there is some physical intrusion into the MEMS, which can hardly be considered a fault. Even your top end speaker cones or magnets don't much like having a knitting needle poked into them and they have a lot more moving parts that can be damaged.

Even back in 2018 (Ann 21/12/2018) the flexures hade been tested extensively and they were shown to be durable through 1 Trillion movements without any failures. That is a long time playing music.

Last edited by BobF: 17/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.