AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

In my opinion there is still significant risk - AKP is squarely...

1. 510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    In my opinion there is still significant risk - AKP is squarely in 'gambling' territory for me. I accept that it's a gamble, and I am young enough to roll the dice while I build up some other investments that are not dice-rolls. But the recent AGM did show that progress is being made, and there is great potential.

If the chip works as they say it does, then after a years-long painful process of marketing and increasing the manufacture, then yes, it could go super well and make boatloads of money. But the upside is not unlimited like people imagine - there are still possible negative outcomes - I am cautious not to get sucked into the story that this will magically take over every speaker being made in the world. I don't think a $20 AKP chip can compete with a $0.10 loudspeaker for all applications. Things like voice intercoms, even telephone handsets, they work pretty well already, the manufacturing process is very efficient and cheap, and the AKP chip does not offer enough to warrant being incorporated into those devices.

Nevertheless, there is a massive market in consumer electronics where sound quality, and possible features like directional audio, will be decisive. It's worth a punt on these markets alone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.